Sunday, July 13, 2008

Love is...


Love is...
Originally uploaded by V G.

Love is...holding my son.
It really is. My back hurts but I still love it.
Last September my friend Aliki, who is a Disney animator, did this very cool drawing of my son and me. I've been meaning to post it. I saw Aliki today, so it reminded me that I been meaning to do this.
Thank you Aliki!
You can check out some of Aliki's art on her blog at:
http://frederatorblogs.com/yaki_and_yumi/
and at,
http://www.martianpictures.com/aliki/home.html
(I haven't had a chance to hotlink, so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way by copying and pasting these links into your browser.)
Aliki recently had a baby girl so her blogs haven't been updated in a while...but you can still see how wonderful her work is. She's been busy as a new mom and has started back to work.
She actually did this drawing in her last month of pregnancy. I feel so
lucky that she did this for me when she did. There's busy, then there is "really-really busy". New moms definitely fall into the "really-really busy" catagory. Thanks again Aliki! You rock! I will always treasure this drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie! Thank you so much for the kudos! It was really fun to do the drawing for you, and I am so glad you like it! I love the color work you did on it :)

btw..I have a newer webpage with my artwork. There is also a site a fan made of my other cartoon. The first one is www.aliki.carbonmade.com The other one is www.girlsotg.com. Unfortunately, the other pages haven't been updated in a loooong time! Thanks so much, and I sooo get how wonderful it is to hold your child!!