Friday, May 4, 2007

Outside Time


Outside Time
Originally uploaded by V G.

Here's my little guy outside. He loves his outside time!
He used to like to pick the little leaves off the plants, but he's getting better about leaving the leaves on the plants now. There is usually a routine tantrum when we have to return inside. He just loves the outside. He lets us know he wants outside by bringing us his shoes and pointing at the backdoor. Or, he'll bring over his jacket. He's learning to say "outside" or "outdoors". He calls it "ou-da". We all have fun outside.
I try to do some weeding, watering, pruning the trees or I just run around with Zach hitting golf balls, bouncing rubber balls and playing with his trucks.

Last Weds. evening I made an attempt to work on the backyard mural. I thought I could paint while Zach was playing outside. Nope. Zach immediately stopped playing to see what I was doing. He wanted to play with the water containers, the brushes and the paint. I painted two rocks in the ocean section of the mural. That was it. I had to pack up the stuff before Zach could reach over for the quart of latex.
Maybe tomorrow during Zach's naptime I can do a little painting.
That's my only hope. The one weekend when I made a ton of progress, my mom was staying over for the weekend and watched Zach while I got a chance to paint. When she was here, I had a good solid 2 hours to paint. That never happens. Now, I'm back to brief moments here and there of painting. It'll happen little by little.

No comments: