Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


Mother's Day
Originally uploaded by V G.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
I had a mellow Mother's Day with my son and husband.
It started out a little rocky, because my son was sleepy and cranky.
I didn't get the clue until a couple tantrums later... then realized he was sleepy earlier than his usual naptime.
So, we took a late morning nap...then, we had the best Mother's Day.
It ended up we had a "green" Mother's Day. After a late lunch, out at Islands, which I love, we went to Home Depot. I got to pick out any flowers I wanted, so I went for the classic rose. This is a Chicago Peace Rose. I'm still learning about roses. I just know they need to be pruned in Oct.-Jan. for a good bloom in May, which is right now.
All of the roses are so wonderful right now. My grandma was good with roses, so I feel like there is hope for me. I planted this rose bush today. I felt like it was a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day and
be good to Mother Earth. We got a couple of Spanish Lavendar plants too. I didn't get a chance to plant them yet. We also purchased our first 4-pack of energy saving bulbs. They look like spirals. They use only 14 watts but give off 60 watts of light. Plus, they are supposed to last longer than a regular bulb. They seem to work great so far. We are composting too. It seems like the least we can do to do our part for the environment. That was my "green" and happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama Mia! Happy Mother's Day!