Friday, April 20, 2007

Bergamot Station Pesto Chicken Sandwich


Bergamot Station Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Originally uploaded by V G.

This is a painting that was painted in 2003 for an art show at Bergamot Station Cafe, Santa Monica. It is 11x 14", oil on canvas.
It hung with about 12 other sandwich paintings, some of which included "Turkey Club", "Tuna in the Sky", "Classic Pastrami", "PB&J"...to name a few.
Now this painting has a new home away from my home.
Somebody at work recently bought it from me.
She originally saw it in 2003, almost bought it and has been thinking about it ever since. At work, once in a while we get the opportunity to hang up some of our personal work. I hung this painting up not intending to sell it, since I really like this painting. The person who did end up buying this painting really did buy it this time. At first I thought she was just saying she wanted to buy it, but she really did want to buy it. I am happy she has it now in her kitchen. She says it is perfect there.

1 comment:

patrice said...

Bravo! I've sold paintings and each time I'm amazed that someone really wants it and will spend money on it. I can clearly see why she wanted this one! I love it too. I love that she's wanted it for that long, and that it has ended up in her hands. Great story.