Sunday, January 28, 2007

Six Surprising Things About Myself.

TAGGED!
I have been tagged by Green Kitchen. This is how the Tag Game works:
(The word "weird" has been replaced by the word "surprising". See Green Kitchen for futher explanation and link to the orginal "weird" version if you are interested.)

Each player of this game starts with "6 surprising things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own with 6 surprising things as well as clearly stating this rule. After you state your 6 surprising things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

So, if you're interested in knowing 6 Surprising things about me, read on.



1. Boba Milk Tea. I love and I am addicted to Boba Milk Tea. This surprises me, so this is why I put it at #1. It has only been about 2 years that I tried Boba Milk Tea. Previous to ever trying it, I could not understand the whole boba tapioca black ball concept. They looked like giant rabbit pellets or some other caged animal droppings. I swore I would never taste it or try it or like it. Then, one day a good friend at work said how much she liked Boba. The day finally came when I was with her and I tried it. I have been addicted ever since.


2. Love Is... I love Love Is... I don't know why. There is a certain je ne sais quoi
about these late 60's styled nude cartoon characters with big heads. I was addicted to Love Is... starting in 1997, when I was dating my husband. I collected Love Is... from the newspaper and saved them. I had about 2 years worth of them in a stack, then I finally threw them out because the newsprint was getting all yellow. One day in the LA Times they made an announcement that Love Is...would no longer be published everyday in their paper. I started to panic. I e-mailed the LA Times that a lot of days Love Is...is the only reason I buy the LA Times. Love Is...continues to be published daily which makes me happy. The other reason I was able to finally throw out my yellow copies of Love Is...is that I found a whole book of it during Valentine's Day one year. This photo shows the clippings I currently have on my fridge. OK, I'm still hanging onto a couple clippings, one from 2005 and one from 2006.



3. Color Diet. This is a chart that shows a diet which I invented and I tried during highschool. I wanted to immerse myself in color...live, breathe and eat color. I could only eat one color per day. I only lasted
about 5 days = 5 colors. Brown was the easiest to stick to. I had to be a little more creative with the other colors.Green Kitchen reminded me that I did this once.
It's one of those things I did.



4. The OC. Yes, I have to admit I am hooked on the TV series, The OC. I'm never hooked on a TV series. This surprises me. Each Thurs. night I am glued to the TV.
My husband can vouch for me. There are only 4 more episodes of The OC and I am not sure what I am going to do. I'll have a temporary void to fill. TV just won't be the same for me once it's off the air.

5. No Tattoos. Same as Green Kitchen. Ditto on that one. Another reason is I'm a whimp when it comes to pain. Tattoos seem so permanent. I could never get permanent make-up either. Styles change...then what if one day that permanent mascara is "so last year".



6. Vampires. It suprises me that I like vampire movies, but can't watch scary movies. I get nightmares from most scary movies so I avoid them. For some reason, I am fascinated by the whole vampire thing and immortality. Then, there is this thing with the cross to keep vampires away. Vampires can only come out at night or in complete darkness. My favorite vampire movie is the one
based on Anne Rice's novel, Interview with a Vampire. It's very creative how she thinks these characters through. Plus, I like that the movie setting is in SF. When, I was young around 8 or 9 years old, I stayed up past my bed time to watch Salem's Lot, a vampire movie based on Stephen King's novel. My cousin and I brought out her crosses to keep us safe at night while we watched. We hid under our sleeping bags for the scary parts. I think it had a huge effect on my tolerance for this type of scary/horror movie.


Since I am new to the whole blogger world and only know one other blogger to tag at the moment, I'm tagging: pink dot black out.

No comments: