Saturday, January 6, 2007

Bay Cities Sandwich


Bay Cities Sandwich
Originally uploaded by V G.

Here is my second post!
Wow, I'm really making headway on this blogging thing.
It's very cool. I must be in the pink cloud phase of blogging because it seems so exciting. I haven't had the day in and day out routine of blogging yet. I'll enjoy it while lasts.

Anyway, this was my lunch today and one of my all-time favorite still life painting subjects. I'm hoping that by posting this it will re-inspire me to do another series of sandwich paintings or begin a new series of some sort. For those of you who don't know I had a couple of sandwich shows which seemed to do very well in 2002-2003. One show was called "Out to Lunch" and another was called "Classic and Star Sandwiches". Most of my sandwich paintings were sold. I have a couple left, but the best ones are gone. I just might have to do a sandwich painting for old times. The paintings were done in oil and some in acrylic. This past 2 years has been about doing watercolors since being pregnant, and now about being a lactating mom to avoid using turpentine and paint thinners. Now I have reconnected with watercolor again and it seems only natural that I will inevitably have to do a sandwich painting in watercolor. Keep posted.

Also, this morning my friend Marella might start a blog...keep posted for that too.

Happy blogging!

No comments: