Sunday, January 14, 2007

Salted Pretzel


Salted Pretzel
Originally uploaded by V G.

This is one of my favorite paintings from the Circus Food paintings
that I did in this series in 2003 at Limbo Gallery in San Diego.
It is 12 x12" Acrylic on Mahogany panel. This one was sold.

I'm slowly digitally archiving my paintings. It's a process, but an interesting one. I'm hoping that by going backwards I will be able to go forwards again.

I just uploaded some paintings that I did a while ago (1997-2003) to http://www.coroflot.com/valeriegresham
Right now there are only 6 paintings up, but I'll continue to try to upload more as I go along.
Oh, and another webpage with Sandwich paintings.
http://www.valeriegresham.50megs.com/
This one has lots of pop-ups that are annoying, but is a free webpage.

I was thinking of starting another sandwich series for old times, which I might still do...but now I just remembered my latest fascination before I was sidetracked by having a baby. This
is Randy's Donuts, a local icon. Randy's is a donut shop with a qiant
donut on top of the building. It's vintage LA architecture. They don't make them like this anymore. I did a little 8 x 10" oil painting of it but it was just a teaser. I might have to revisit this idea. I think this is another reason why I was so fasincated over the Holidays by "Santa's Gingerbread Northpole House" with huge candycanes and gumdrops accenting the overall house. There's something about Giant Food Architecture. Hmmm?...

Right now my blog is about thinking outloud. Eventually I'm hoping
I will just have to produce something new that I will be equally as excited about as my last projects. We'll see.
It's like a New Year's resolution for 2007 in way.

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The jpeg version of your Randy's Donuts painting is my screen saver. Love it!