Saturday, January 6, 2007

"B is for Ball."


BisforBall
Originally uploaded by V G.

"B is for Ball". This is a woodcut looking synthetic rubber "cuts like butter" square, which is treated like a woodcut. The ink is rolled on with a roller then pressed onto the paper.
It is an annual Holiday tradition of my friend Meredith and myself.
See her link in Cool Links below. Each year we do a woodcut (or linoleum or synthetic rubber cut) with the exception of last year when my son was only about 3 months old. This year he is 15 months old.
"B is for Ball" is a momento of my son's first word after momma and dada. He influences my art just by being. This year Meredith did a gold "peace symbol" snowflake.

This is my first official blog post! I want to thank my friend Michelle for encouraging me to start a blog! Today, Jan. 6th is her first Blogiversary. Happy Blogiversary Michelle. See her link in Cool Links below. I hope to have a Blogiversary next year.

This being my first post I have no idea where my blogging will take me. Isn't that part of the beauty?

Check back to my blog Project Pink Suitcase for future posts.

2 comments:

Green Kitchen said...

Hey Val: I have to type this without reading it because of old blogger new blogger issues. Welcome aboard the blog train. I can't wiat to see what you post. How 'bout that dog quilt?

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Hi Michelle!
Thank you for your comments!
Yeppers, the dog quilt...I'm now thinking that I will post it at the time my friend who the quilt was made for has her baby. That should be any day or minute now.
HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!
You should go out for a cupcake and icecream or something to celebrate! Or whatever one does to celebrate a Blogiversary? Something fun.
~VG