Sunday, April 27, 2008

Camping at Refugio


Hiking
Originally uploaded by V G.

This was the reason for my recent lapse in on-line blogging activity.
It was camping at Refugio near Santa Barbara. It was a nice trip and went by too fast. We stayed 3 nights. We met long time friends Shanna, Mark and Max from SC there. Max is one year older than our little guy. They had extreme amounts of fun playing in the dirt and sand. It was a great trip. I give it high marks as far as campsites go.
My only complaint is that it was very windy at night. We were warm in our sleeping bags, but the sound of wind ripping through at all hours of the night makes for a light sleep. That's when the RV lifestyle looks appealing. I still want to travel by RV one day...just for a week.
I know they are gas hogs, but maybe just a little RV. That doesn't make sense does it, a little RV? You know what I mean, just one that isn't the hugest beast out there but has all of the cool RV things.
Anyway, there is still something cool about just a tent too. We enjoyed it. I'm fine as long as I am warm and the sleeping air mattress has air, I'm good. Oh, and my morning coffee, then I'm set.

1 comment:

patrice said...

I was wondering where you were!
I too have RV fantasies...
I've done it once, but I borrowed and I never felt all the way comfortable. Also, to fill up the tank was $$$$$$!