Saturday, April 12, 2008

Growth


Growth
Originally uploaded by V G.

I love that flowers are emerging and budding.
We have a tiny (right now) Ginko Biloba tree in our backyard that we
planted about 4 months ago. We thought we killed it. All of the leaves had fallen off. It looked like a Charile Brown Christmas tree, but even worse without any green leaves. Happily, we discovered
these new buds emerging just last week. I was so excited. They are even bigger now. I'm still learning about
growing trees and plants. I think the most important thing still seems to be regular watering.
This is what I do in between everything else. It's feels very rewarding to see a tree or plant thrive.
I'm still slowly priming my art panels...so no photos of these yet. I did a coat of primer today.
I have enough layers on a couple of them now which means that I could start painting. Hmm? Soon...I can't wait. In terms of my art at this time in my life, I can really relate to this little Ginko Biloba tree.

1 comment:

patrice said...

i can relate to your joy in seeing new life emerge from you ginko tree! i hate to kill anything! i feel so hopeful and happy when i can help something live.
i love the wood panels too, and i am curious where you will go with them. i haven't touched the portrait of annie in weeks. agh! i'm in a happy sewing mode right now, and enjoying being in a creative, productive place.