Sunday, March 2, 2008

Self Portrait : 2008


Self Portrait 2008
Originally uploaded by V G.

I took this self portrait last weekend. It's a follow-up to my last blog post with my photo from 1988.
Here I am 20 years later. Can you believe it?
I would probably have the same smile as my other photos except I took the photo of myself. It's strange taking a photo of yourself and saying, "Smile" to yourself when you about ready to press the button.
It's just as strange doing a self-portrait painting. The self portait paintings tend to look even more serious, usually since it encompasses concentrating on painting and trying to hold a pose too. I used to do lots more self portrait paintings,especially in 1988. Now, I take a lot of photos of my son and whatever else is going on.
The focus for me these days is usually not on self, but I decided to do it for old times sake.

1 comment:

patrice said...

I love it.
Isn't it confronting to take pictures of yourself? I like it and hate it at the same time.
I like the '88 photo too. You look happy.
P-