Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mobil Station Skeleton Mural by Anonymous



Mobil Station Skeleton Mural by Anonymous
Originally uploaded by V G.

I've just been corrected on the identity of the gas company which used the pegasus logo. I was saying Shell, but it is Mobil. Duh, I should have known this one. The yellow and red coloring of the cigarette price sign threw me off. Anyway, this painting is on an out of service Mobil Station.
I love it. It says so much. I took this photo of it last September in 2006. The painting is still there. The building is still unoccupied.
I drive by it at least 4-6 times a month.
So much can be read into this that I don't want to mess it up with words. One last note on this, the sign for cigarettes says $2.35, which gives an indication of how long this service station has been out of service.
The red pegasus logo was found here on the internet...www.cartype.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

his name is skullphone. skullphone started the skeletal pegasus thing