Sunday, July 15, 2007

Plein-Air Paintings at the Malaga Cove Library Art Gallery.


Plein-Air Paintings at the Malaga Cove Library Art Gallery.
Originally uploaded by V G.

I went to see an exhibition of Plein-air paintings at the Malaga Cove Library Art Gallery in Palos Verdes, CA. The exhibition features a group of artists who call themselves the Portguese Bend Artist Colony. Here is a water fountain that is just outside the library. My son immediately found it and climbed up to put his hands in the water. I met my artist friend Wendy there who brought her 3 1/2 month old son in a Bjorn pack.

http://www.pbartistcolony.com
Here's the website to the exhibition for more information on the Portguese Bend Artist Colony.

I really enjoyed seeing Daniel and Vicki Pinkham's work. They are all extraordinary painters in the PBAC, but I kept coming back to the Pinkhams' work. They are a married couple who go Plein-air painting together. I think that is so cool. It was so inspiring to see the paintings. They have an excellent website which inspired me to see the exhibition (as well as my friend Wendy who told me about it in the first place). However, once you see the work in real life there is no comparison. It is truely great work. I'm inspired. I may have to find time to get out my Plein-air easel even if it is only to paint flowers or toy trucks in the backyard.
It's another spare time fantasy...but crazier things have happened.
Hmmm...
We'll see. It's amazing what a mom on a mission to create can do
during naptime and late night time. I've seen it in my artist friends who are moms and in myself. Go artist moms!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Hi, I stumbled upon you through someone else's blog. Do you live in/around Palos Verdes? I'm from there and hardly anyone on the planet seems to have heard of the place. I spent my high school years volunteering at Malaga Cove Library's exhibits and the music in the park. Just thought I'd share - I really like your blog. Have a nice day.