Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pink Night Owl


Pink Night Owl
Originally uploaded by V G.

"Pink Night Owl" is a recent creation I painted about 4 weekends ago. I've been dying to post this. I had to wait because it was a surprise gift to my friend at work from one her friends.
It's a 12 x12" acrylic on canvas painting.
My friend at work loves owls, the color pink and forest friends. We both love Deery-Lou and the little mushroom character in the forest by Sanrio. Since we are not "morning" people, I think it is safe to say we both fall into the catagory of "night owl". We "try" to get bed at decent hours, but with the little ones it's hard to get things done (like go on-line) and we stay up later than we should. When her friend told me she wanted to buy a painting from me for my friend at work I decided that I would do a special piece for her. At first she asked to see what paintings I had available, then after some thought, I
knew what I wanted to paint. It had to be a "Pink Night Owl".
Then it became a commissioned piece. She wanted to buy it just from the description. This is what I came up with. My friend at work is very happy with it, plus her baby daughter loves it too.

6 comments:

Green Kitchen said...

Cool, Val. You are so funny. I can't even describe how funny you are. I try to explain to D, but he doesn't get it.

hannah said...

love your painting, I like owls and am a night owl too!

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Green Kitchen and hannah,
Thank you for your comments!
I am a night owl by default.
At least I know I'm not alone.
Happy blogging!

Green Apple said...

I love owls and most of all I love Deery-Lou!!! Great painting :)

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Thanks for your comment Green Apple (Pink Elephant). I'll have to check out your blog more.
I just briefly browsed it and like your ideas. Very fun!

Erika Mattson said...

this is really pretty i love it