Sunday, June 3, 2007

Mural Update: Complete for now.


Mural Update: Complete for now.
Originally uploaded by V G.


Here's the mural as it is. I'm happy enough with it
to leave it alone for now. I may come back at some point to do something else to it. We'll see.
**** **** ****
It's nice to just be able to paint anything. Such a freedom.



The boats and flag are the last details that I painted.

For these details, I used some of my acrylic stash for the yellow and broke out some of my regular oil painting bristol brushes instead of the chip brushes.

The top photo of the overall mural was taken in the afternoon warm light last week...

This detail shot was taken today while it was cool and foggy. That's why there is a difference in temperature.

2 comments:

patrice said...

That is stunning!!!!
The boats and the flag and the mountains in the distance, and i love the texture of the stucco. It gives it so much depth and movement.
Bravo!

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Thank you Patrice!
I appreciate your comments. Thanks for the advice of posting a detail too. I was thinking of doing that, but when you said it, it became very clear that I needed to post a detail.
Have a great day!
~VG