Thursday, March 22, 2007

Throw your dreams into space...


Malibu Canyon Drive
Originally uploaded by V G.

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
~Anais Nin

I randomly picked this quote during a fun Design XChange function at work.
To my amazement it just happens to be the perfect quote for me right now. A couple weeks ago I was wondering about the whole blog thing. Questions in my head came up like: Who am I writing this for? Is it for me? Is it for you? Does it matter? Then bottomline, am I wasting my time?
So, random or not, this quote is inspiring me to continue my blog and to borrow the words of Anais, throw my dreams into space!

Last weekend, I went painting with the Allied Artists of the Santa Monica Mountains, a group of Plein Air artists. Driving back I took this photo of the road through Malibu Canyon Drive. It seems like the road and sky combined with the concealed turn in the road up ahead kind of captures what I read into this Anais Nin quote. Even though I can't see the road up ahead, I just keep driving.

1 comment:

patrice said...

I too wonder about blogging. I realize I get my own needs met for creative expression, choice, being "seen", connection (like with you) and some great self-connection/self understanding. Hey! That's a lot! So yeah, I go forward too. Although recently, I've been so enjoying simple, quiet days with my darlings, that blogging has been at a stand-still. I've got to pick up my camera, cause that's where I usually start.
With warmth,
P-