Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Extreme Weather, 3/27/07


Marina Jetty, 3/27/07
Originally uploaded by V G.

This was taken yesterday. It was an intense cloud day.
I was in awe of the monster clouds. They were moving fast too.
Lots of wind. I could barely hold the camera steady. I think there was a wind advisory warning, but I didn't know about it until after the fact. Yes, lots of wind.
I don't see this type of extreme cloud very often...and usually when I do, I don't usually have such a great view of it.
I got inside just as raindrops were falling. Later in the afternoon, the clouds were gone with no rain. It was very strange how quick it went through.

2 comments:

patrice said...

Wow!!!!
It doesn't even look real. What a great shot. Very Hollywood movie-like. You were probably getting the same weather system we had on Monday. Very windy, a bitter wind. We were visiting the Aquarium in Monterey and the wind blew my dress up and everyone got a good laugh.

Real funny.

Anonymous said...

Love this picture. One day I will have my own shots look this good!!