Sunday, August 10, 2008

A & W Root Bear



We have been very into rootbeer floats this past month. Especially lately with the warmer weather. A&W rootbeer is still my favorite after all of these years.
It has to be regular A&W. Diet A&W is not the same. Although I do admit that I have come to love the weird taste of Diet Coke. It's just Diet Coke that I like in Diet. Most sodas I would rather have regular. I am trying to cut down on soda, but that is a whole other blog post in itself. Right now I'm just talking about the pure enjoyment of a classic A&W rootbeer float.
On a sidenote: I love these Wacky Wobblers. This "root bear" would be in my collection of bobble heads if I had more room to collect. I'm trying to embrace the "let it go" way of thinking for cleaning out space. Yet, I keep holding onto things. Yes, I do have some ol' Dodger Bobble Heads around. Will I get rid of them? No, probably not. I am tempted to go to the LA Dodger game this Tuesday for the Joe Beimel Bobblehead promotional giveaway. My husband thinks I'm kidding, but if he seemed the slightest bit interested, I would totally go just for the bobble head.
On a super side note: the Summer Olympics have been fun to watch. Go USA! I've been watching the swimmer Phelps win some medals. He's amazing.
That's it for now.
Oh, and my little guy Z got a big boy bed this weekend. Yep, a twin size. He's not so little. Well, he is little, but he's out of his crib now. Watch out. Potty training? That's still on the horizon. He is aware of the potty, but doesn't want to really use it yet.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I haven't had a root beer float in years. I remember going to the A&W on Ocean st when I was a kid. I think I would order the Baby Burger. There was a Mama Burger and a Papa Burger too, right? I actually do love Diet A&W these days...

And the Olympics have been fun to watch - when I can stay up that late!

Project Pink Suitcase said...

I remember that A&W on Ocean St. too. I loved it. I totally forgot about the names of the burgers. That's funny. It's kind of vague, but I still love the rootbeer.
I watch pieces of the Olympics when I can too. I saw Phelps win another gold by .01 second or whatever crazy # of a fraction it was. Amazing!!!