Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ol' Buggy Ride


ol' Buggy Ride
Originally uploaded by projectpink

Here's one from 4th of July. I've been meaning to
Sepia tone it and put it in a faux antique frame since our trip to SC in July.
Actually the trip to Henry Cowell Redwoods and Roaring Camp with
Michelle (Green Kitchen) was the inspiration. It reminded me of
all of the sepia toned photos I did at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk one summer. Yes, I worked in the Antique Photo Old Time Saloon. It was actually kind of fun. I got used to the loud arcade sounds and thousands of tourists that stop by.
I still have great memories of the Boardwalk. This particular photo was taken in the backyard of Katie, who was my high school art teacher and continues to be an inspiration and good friend as well.
Everyone who knows Katie knows what I mean.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Nice photo! You worked at the Antique Photo place? That's so much cooler than the "Gyro stand" out on the Boardwalk where I worked Summer of '86. I loved Katie's art classes. My mom framed two of my drawing assignments...