Friday, May 29, 2009

Golf: 9-hole course


Golf: 9-hole course
Originally uploaded by projectpink

Here's a photo from Memorial Day weekend of my dad and me. My mom and dad were visiting for the holiday. It was actually the first weekend I felt like I could try to play golf since my arm/neck/thumb injury. My husband and dad played an 18-hole, a 9-hole and then another 9-hole with me. I just played the one 9-hole.
I was happy to play, but I played terrible. I haven't played since last April up in Boulder Creek with my dad and Bruce. I was glad to not get re-injured. That was the key to my game that day. It also contributed to my terrible playing. I could tell I was holding back. So, now that I know I can play 9-holes without re-injuring myself I feel good that I can start playing more regularly again. Yeah! In general, I am happy that I am about 90% recovered. I still have some very subtle numbness in my thumb. It's getting better little by little. That's a good thing!

2 comments:

patrice said...

I'm so glad you are recovering, even if it is slowly.
I think your dad is adorable.
Much warmth,
P-

Kelly said...

Sweet father daughter photo! That's awesome that you all get to golf together.