Saturday, December 8, 2007

"Hotdog" painting


Hotdog
Originally uploaded by V G.

This "Hotdog" painting was for an art auction benefit for PAWS/LA in 2003. 12 x12" acrylic on canvas.
I was reminded of this painting due to a mini PowerPoint presentation I did today at San Bernardino Valley College with my very good friend, my art collaborator, Meredith (Fine Art Photography). We were invited to talk to the painting class there when the painting instructor found out we were making a trip out to visit the art gallery. So, it was a fun day of talking and thinking of art. In preparation for the talk, I got to look through some digital files of paintings on my computer, the ones I could find, to make this presentation. A project I still have yet to do is organize my digital files of paintings. I still have them on different computers in various folders, with titles I may have forgotten until I start browsing my hard drive. Back to this painting... The dog is Elmo Diddle, Meredith's dog, who let me take photos of and study her dog curled up like a hot dog. The main reason for our visit out to San Bernardino Valley College Art Gallery was to see the new gallery space and start thinking of our proposal for an art show. In 1999, Meredith and I did a colloborative work called Pet/Circus at SBVC Art Gallery before it moved to the new building it is in now.
We did this show before either of us had kids, so preparing for a
new show now will be a lot more challenging time wise, but easier in other ways. At any rate, I'm excited about it and just as curious as anyone else as to what we will come up with. We have some ideas brewing which I'm sure I'll post about more as we get more into it.
We think this project may happen next fall in 2008. I'd better start painting now.

3 comments:

Green Kitchen said...

Cool, V. I can't wait to see it materialize. Maybe we'd even have to come down. Now that would be a miracle.

patrice said...

Must have felt good to be asked to talk to students!? And to plan a show! New work, old work, or both? Can't wait to see what you choose.
P-

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Thank you for your comments!
I always love them.
GK, I would be so excited if the miracle happened, you wouldn't believe.
P, I'm hoping to do all new work.
I'll show old work if need be or if it seems like it makes sense with the new work. We'll see. It's all very TBD. I can't wait to start it.